Hello, Fellow Scholars!

Americans are pretty naive when it comes to education. "Education has the highest ideals, right? We train teachers through colleges and universities, right? They use well-written textbooks and thoughtful, honorable materials, right? All teachers love and respect each child they shepherd, giving unbiased attention to American ideals and values, right?"

The answers, my dear fellow parents, teachers, and educators, will shock and surprise you, because most often they amount to "NO!"

I have been a teacher, instructor, tutor, and professor for over four decades, and I have witnessed unbelievable changes in what people have expected and experienced in Academia.

This blog is going to cover a lot of educational dirt that has been swept under various people's rugs. I will not necessarily tackle this house-cleaning in any sort of chronological order. I will pray for guidance from the Lord I have striven to honor in all of my academic endeavors for the wisdom to impart facts and learned opinions. You are free to disagree with my opinions, but facts are facts. The stories I will tell are absolutely true; they happened to me or to someone I know very well. Nothing will be reported third-hand or in a manner that is either carping or bitter.

My teaching career has evidently come to a formal halt, but the Lord has inspired me to pass on some crucial information to those who are actively engaged in the ongoing process of education. May you ponder, learn, and react with the knowledge I pass to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Myth of Socialization: Part Two

The Philosophy of Teaching

The Field of Woke